My vision for Leesburg is to "Embrace our History, Preserve the Present and to Protect our Future." Leesburg has experienced rapid residential and business growth over the past 15 years and we now need leadership that has the ability and desire to update our Town Plan that serves as the vision document for our community.
Leesburg always has been a diverse community with a long history of cooperation between families, houses of worship and local businesses. Our ability to embrace our history is a core value that makes Leesburg unique as we make important strategic decisions to maintain our historic identity and welcome new communities as we grow.
I have over 30 years of senior administrative and management experience, working with large and small for-profit and non-profit organizations. My financial experience includes creating public private partnerships and developing new revenue streams to provide financing for innovative projects and initiatives. I have the leadership necessary to improve how we communicate as a Town Council and I promise to bridge the gaps that keep us from making well-reasoned decisions.
As Mayor, I will:
- bring leadership to preserve our historic treasures and our unique identity;
- support plans to bring new businesses and jobs within the borders of our Town;
- work with Loudoun County to deliver necessary support services and create new tourism initiatives that will grow the Town’s revenue and support local businesses;
- highlight fiscal responsibility as a key priority and work to cultivate partnerships with county services and community-based programs to provide the necessary support for our residents without raising taxes; and,
- re-build trust and encourage unrestricted public dialogue with all communities in our Town.
Leesburg is a great place to live, work and play but we must and can do better in all three areas to make sure that this statement is true for everyone in our community.
Vote R.E. “Ron” Campbell for Mayor, November 6, 2018.