My vision for Leesburg is to "Embrace our History, Preserve the Present and to Protect our Future." Leesburg has experienced rapid residential and business growth over the past 15 years and we now need leadership that has the ability and desire to update our Town Plan that serves as the vision document for our community.
Leesburg always has been a diverse community with a long history of cooperation between families, houses of worship and local businesses. Our ability to embrace our history is a core value that makes Leesburg unique as we make important strategic decisions to maintain our historic identity and welcome new communities as we grow.
I have over 30 years of senior administrative and management experience, working with large and small for-profit and non-profit organizations. My financial experience includes creating public private partnerships and developing new revenue streams to provide financing for innovative projects and initiatives. I have the leadership necessary to improve how we communicate as a Town Council and I promise to bridge the gaps that keep us from making well-reasoned decisions.
As Mayor, I will:
- Work with all the members of the Town Council to place the concerns of the people over the politics of any political party;
- Build bridges with county, state and federal elected officials to deliver programs and services to the benefit of our town;
- Promote a fiscally conservative approach to budget planning and deliver the highest quality services at the lowest tax rate possible;
- Find new sources of revenue to ensure Leesburg residents don’t shoulder all the tax burden caused by residential growth;
- Provide the leadership that will preserve our historic treasures and our unique identity; and,
- Work with Loudoun County to deliver necessary support services and create new tourism initiatives that will grow the Town’s revenue and support local businesses.
Leesburg is a great place to live, work and play but we must and can do better in all areas to make sure that this statement is true for everyone in our community.
Vote R.E. “Ron” Campbell for Mayor, November 6, 2018.